Turkey has a total area of 783,562 square kilometers and is surrounded by ten countries and four seas, including 81 provinces. The majority of its land is located in Asia, with the remaining portion in Europe.
Many foreigners are interested in owning and investing in real estate in Turkey, but it can sometimes be difficult to determine the best cities for that. First Istanbul team has selected the most important Turkish cities for those interested in buying properties.
Ownership and real estate investment in Istanbul:
Istanbul is one of the prominent Turkish cities and a key destination for ownership and real estate investment for several reasons:
- It is the only city in the world that spans two continents (Asia and Europe).
- The Bosphorus Strait is a significant tourist attraction, an investment hub, and an important landmark in Turkey.
- Istanbul enjoys a moderate climate due to its proximity to the Black Sea in the north and the Sea of Marmara in the south.
- It is home to numerous tourist attractions such as palaces, castles, towers, and mosques, making it an important tourist destination.
- Istanbul is rich in forests, including Belgrad Forest and Aydos Forest in the European part, and Beykoz in the Asian part, in addition to hundreds of parks that serve as recreational spaces for residents and families.
- Istanbul is classified as the “Turkish economic capital” as it is one of the industrial cities that covers the local markets and exports surplus products to most countries worldwide.
- It hosts major shopping centers such as Mall of Istanbul, Jewel Mall, and Marmara Park, among others.
- Istanbul is the largest Turkish city in terms of population, with a population of nearly 16 million.
- It is an international cultural melting pot, housing diverse communities of Turks, Arabs, and foreigners.
- The Turkish construction market in Istanbul has experienced significant development in the past two decades, with major construction companies like TOKI and Emlak Konut competing to build large residential and commercial complexes to meet the increasing demand for housing.
- While property prices in Istanbul are high compared to other Turkish cities, they are much lower than their counterparts in European countries, particularly in the UK and Germany.
- The competitive real estate market in Istanbul has led to an increase in investment momentum, resulting in profits for foreign investors.
- Property prices in Istanbul have increased by over 800% between 2018 and 2023 due to factors such as the depreciation of the lira, inflationary pressures, limited supply, high demand, and increased construction material costs and labor wages.
- In most cases, Istanbul properties dominate the list of top-selling properties for both Turks and foreigners on a monthly and annual basis, according to statistics from the Turkish Statistical Institute.
Real Estate Ownership and Investment in Trabzon:
Trabzon, located on the shores of the Black Sea, is described as the “bride of northern Turkey” and is one of the enchanting Turkish cities that captures the hearts of Arabs, in particular.
Due to its geographical nature, Trabzon is considered one of the best Turkish cities for real estate ownership and investment, attracting millions of people to reside, live, and work there.
Trabzon includes the village and Lake Uzungol, one of the most beautiful natural wonders of Turkey, with its unique location on the slopes of towering mountains in northeastern Turkey.
It also houses the Aya Sophia Museum dating back to 1250 and the summit of Mount Boztepe, in addition to distinguished restaurants, cafes, and tourist environments.
Numerous modern residential complexes and luxurious villas have been built in Trabzon in recent years, especially those overlooking the Black Sea or located amidst forests, in response to the increasing demand for housing, especially from Gulf Arab countries, who consider Trabzon their top destination.
With the increasing demand for housing, the importance of real estate investment in Trabzon has grown throughout the year, as real estate investors in Trabzon achieve good profits by investing in properties, especially villas.
Real Estate Ownership and Investment in Ankara:
Ankara is the political capital of Turkey and one of the best cities for real estate ownership and investment, especially for Arabs, as it is home to a large number of Arab communities such as families and students.
Ankara enjoys a strategic geographical location in the center of Turkey, which gives it a strategic advantage in the country’s geography, being a meeting point for various cities.
It houses the Presidential Complex, the Council of Ministers, the Parliament, and the embassies of countries around the world, which explains the organization, modernity, and development of infrastructure and public facilities that encourage attracting more people interested in real estate ownership and investment.
Hundreds of modern residential and commercial complexes have been constructed in Ankara with their stunning and innovative designs, which are no less beautiful, important, and high-quality than their counterparts in Istanbul or other international cities.
The city’s residential complexes host many security and recreational services, including security guards, surveillance cameras, reception and information desks, sports fields, indoor halls, Turkish baths, sauna, steam rooms, commercial stores, and more.
Simultaneously with the rapid development, the pace of real estate ownership and investment in Ankara has increased, offering a variety of investment options, including ready-to-move-in properties, properties under construction, and properties that are still in the architectural model stage (mock-up), allowing investors to choose the most suitable property according to their allocated budget and desired real estate investment approach.
Real Estate Ownership and Investment in Sakarya:
Sakarya is considered one of the best Turkish cities for real estate ownership and investment. It is located 145 km away from Istanbul and offers many advantages, including:
It is situated on the shores of the Black Sea and is one of the Turkish tourist cities.
Sakarya is one of the closest cities to Istanbul, with a travel time of an hour and a half by car.
It hosts many plains and fertile lands, making it an important agricultural city in terms of Turkish geography. Agricultural products are abundant, and 65% of the residents work in agriculture.
The city has cultural diversity and a rich historical heritage.
In addition to luxurious villas that attract tourists and investors, residential and commercial properties are being constructed in Sakarya.
Real Estate Ownership and Investment in Bursa:
Bursa is one of the best cities for real estate ownership and investment due to its long history, reflected in its buildings, historical sites, mosques, and historical baths dating back to ancient times.
It enjoys wonderful weather during winter and has diverse summer and winter tourism centers, especially Mount Uludag and its skiing center. Bursa’s tourist cable car, the second longest cable car in the world, connects the city to the top of Mount Uludag.
The city has a green vegetation cover in summer due to the abundance of forests and gardens, while it is covered in white during winter due to heavy snowfall.
Bursa has good infrastructure with buildings, roads, bridges, and transportation networks, making it one of the best cities to live in Turkey. It is surrounded by several beautiful rural villages easily accessible by car, such as Cumali Kizik Village and others.
The demand for housing in Bursa has increased in recent years, leading to the construction of more modern residential and commercial complexes, including apartments, villas, offices, and shops.
Real Estate Ownership and Investment in Kocaeli:
Kocaeli is the fourth most developed and modern city in Turkey after Istanbul, Ankara, and Izmir. It is a tourist and industrial city, housing the largest paper and rubber factory in Turkey, as well as the largest shipyard in the country.
Kocaeli attracts those who do not want to live in Istanbul due to its congestion and population density, but still desire to be close to it, as it is located approximately 100 km away.
Kocaeli has a wide transportation network, including maritime and land routes. It is also close to major cities such as Istanbul and Bursa, and its important geographic location attracts investors and businessmen.
The number of residential and commercial complexes has increased in Kocaeli in recent years, and foreign investors see it as an investment opportunity due to its strong industry and its ability to attract major industrialists, workers, and traders to live and work there.
Real Estate Ownership and Investment in Antalya:
Antalya is the capital of Turkish tourism and one of the best cities for real estate ownership and investment. It extends along the coasts of the Mediterranean Sea, providing a hot summer and mild winter climate.
What distinguishes Antalya the most is the abundance of its beaches, especially those awarded the “Blue Flag” for cleanliness. These beaches attract Europeans, particularly British, Russian, Ukrainian, and German tourists.
Tourism in Antalya goes beyond beaches and forests to include its charming historical and archaeological sites, especially the enchanting Kaleici.
The government’s attention to Antalya is evident through its strong infrastructure, beautiful roads, streets, buildings, and bridges. Dozens of residential complexes and luxurious villas have been constructed in recent years to meet the needs of those interested in real estate ownership and investment in the city.